Monday, November 29, 2010

Every Day is an Adventure


It’s 10:44 PM and I’m looking back over a day that has been full of activity and productivity: prospecting for clients and business partners over the phone; a business luncheon turned into training; a late afternoon appointment to write a product application; connecting with a person I’m working with in recovery; attending a recovery discussion group together; coffee with my new gal afterwards; a team training call related to my network marketing business, and a phone call to one of my team mentors to top it off.

Our business luncheon took on a personalized “what daily activity do I need to do to reach my financial goals for the coming month” as our Regional Manager went around the table to grill each business partner. She worked out the numbers with each one of us– what is each sale worth (according to us respective positions), how many appointments do we need to get one sale – how many prospecting calls will it take to set one appointment? It was a “come to Jesus” meeting of sorts – but she could have just left because our guests failed to show, or worse yet if we hadn’t done the activity required to get someone there.

Coach Parisha Taylor has worked numbers with us on many occasions in a variety of business ventures. “Success is a numbers game” is a tried and true wisdom in any kind of sales. Persistency pays off. Quitting does not.

Coach Parisha Taylor has also shared the value of living each day as a complete “life” – including work, play, service to others, and communion with God.

This day has held many gifts. I’ve been able to reconnect with an old friend and help him with my business service, as well as support a local business person by meeting in his neighborhood cafĂ©. Listening to another person in recovery – especially when they are new – is a gift I give to myself. I get to share the wisdoms of those who helped me along the way, and renew my appreciation for my own recovery. It’s an awesome win-win.

Looking back over my day, I’ve had a rich “life” this 24 hours. It’s been a good day and I am blessed.

I give appreciation to all who have added to my experience today, to all I have touched and have touched me. As always, I give great appreciation for the one known as Coach Parisha Taylor for being a part of my life today and every day!



©2010 Deborah Adler. All rights reserved.

please vote for this article at Stumble, Digg, Furl, Del.icio.us, and Facebook. Thanks!

Stumble It!
Bookmark and Share



1 comment:

Rose Rabbit said...

Appreciate your message Deb, very nice to hear get uplifting news!

Rosie