Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I Want My Mommy! - Postscript

Update to "I Want My Mommy" Post..

I was sitting in the wifi cafe today and the grandfather, little boy and a young woman walked in and sat down at the table near me.

The little boy looked very happy. The Grandfather was orienting the young woman to what the little boy usually orders. I looked over to the Grandfather and said, "Did he get his Mommy back?" He didn't hear me, but the young woman looked back at me and nodded.

I asked, "Are you his mother?" She answered "Yes."

I got up and explained that I had been there the day he found out she was coming home and how he wanted to go to the airport "Right now."

She laughed and nodded.

I extended my hand to her and said "Congratulations. Welcome Home." Then, instead of shaking hands, I hugged her. She leaned right into it, welcoming the "welcoming."

I asked if she was home for good. She said, "well, until the next time."

So she'll probably go back, and once more the little boy will have to be without his mother. Maybe by then, we will no longer be sending mothers, fathers, husbands, wives, sisters, brothers, children or friends "over there."

Let's pray so.

-D
©2008 Deborah Adler. All rights reserved.

please vote for this article at Stumble, Digg, Furl, Del.icio.us, and Facebook. Thanks!




Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos

No comments: